GTE Member Family,
As we digest the latest news and recommendations regarding COVID-19, we recognize that we have a responsibility to help limit exposure and spread of the virus.
Please rest assured that our focus is on keeping our employees safe while we maintain our high standards of member experience. As a member-owned cooperative we are, and always will be, here for our members in good times, but especially in times of uncertainty. This is precisely why credit unions were created in the first place.
Information around the virus is rapidly changing - as is our response. We will continue to communicate with you during this time and thank you for your understanding and patience as we move forward together. We remain committed to serving our members and our community, and never take for granted the trust you have put in us as your financial institution. Thank you for your unwavering support.
President and CEO
Keeping employees & members safe in our centers:
- Interactive Teller Machines remain open with one member allowed per machine in the center at a time. (No scheduled appointment required to use ITMs.)
- Center lobbies are closed except for scheduled home loan closings.
For your community financial center needs (including wires and check hold releases), please call 813.414.6579, 9am – 6pm, Monday – Friday.
- All locations are closed on Saturdays; Hours remain unchanged Monday – Friday.
- These locations are closed until further notice:
- Ybor | 1600 E 8th Ave Tampa, FL
- Southeastern University |1000 Longfellow Blvd. Lakeland, FL
- Increased sanitation supplies and treatments in every center
Phone appointments are available with Community Financial Center representatives. Use the button below to schedule a phone appointment.
SCHEDULE A PHONE APPOINTMENT
Helping our members bank virtually:
Now is the perfect time to take advantage of our robust virtual services. You can do all your banking from home, 24/7!
Here are just a few specific services you can do virtually:
Offering relevant products and services that may be needed during this time:
Assisting our members who are concerned about their financial situation:
We understand that a lot of our members are going through an unexpected and tough time. GTE wants to help. If you would like a loan to be reviewed for possible assistance, please complete the information:
Providing our business members with resources and information:
As a member-owned cooperative, GTE Financial is, and always will be, here for our members in good times but especially in times of uncertainty. This is precisely why credit unions were created in the first place. We are here for your business!
We understand that your business may be facing significant challenges due to COVID-19, including safeguarding your employees, impaired access to goods and services, and weakened financial markets. The Economic Development Council of Tampa Bay works tirelessly to update their website daily to include the latest resources to guide your business through these tough times. Helpful information including public safety precautions, business operations guidelines, business assistance programs, nonprofit resources, can be found here.
Relief for your business
Emergency loan options are currently available to help businesses affected by COVID-19. The Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program is currently available to small business owners located in all Florida counties statewide that experienced economic damage as a result of COVID-19. The U.S. Small Business administration offers Federal Disaster Loans for businesses, private nonprofits, homeowners, and renters.
Please note that the applicant does not go through GTE Financial to apply for these assistance loans.
Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program
Visit https://floridadisasterloan.org/ for full details regarding the Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program.
- Review the eligibility requirements and loan process.
- Gather the required support documentation.
- Apply online or download an application (PDF File), complete it in full and submit it with the required support documentation by mail or courier to: Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, C/O Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan, 107 E. Madison Street, MSC-160, Tallahassee FL 32399-4120.
- For assistance with completing the application, please contact the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity toll-free at (833) 832-4494.
U.S. Small Business administration Disaster Loans
Visit https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/ for full details regarding the U.S. Small Business administration Disaster Loans available for your business.
- Review the eligible disaster areas to see if your business qualifies.
- Apply online at the SBA’s secure website disasterloan.sba.gov/ela or by mail, complete and submit with the required support documentation by mail or courier to: U.S. Small Business Administration Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Rd. Ft. Worth, TX 76155-2243.
- Gather the required support documentation (PDF file) (found on page 2.)
- For assistance with completing the application, please contact the SBA Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-800-659-2955
If you would like to talk with your business services representative, please contact us at 888.972.5259.
More Helpful Business Resources
Accommodating GTE employees:
In order to balance our employees’ safety and our member experience, we have increased our work from home capabilities so that we can continue to serve our members with the same high level of service – no matter where we are!