Helpful resources for GTE Financial business members
As a member-owned cooperative, GTE Financial is, and always will be, here for our members in good times but especially in times of uncertainty. This is precisely why credit unions were created in the first place. We are here for your business!
We understand that your business may be facing significant challenges due to COVID-19, including safeguarding your employees, impaired access to goods and services, and weakened financial markets. The Economic Development Council of Tampa Bay works tirelessly
to update their website daily to include the latest resources to guide your business through these tough times. Helpful information including public safety precautions, business operations guidelines, business assistance programs, nonprofit resources,
can be found here.
Relief for your business
Emergency loan options are currently available to help businesses affected by COVID-19. The Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program is currently available to small business owners located in all Florida counties statewide that experienced
economic damage as a result of COVID-19. The U.S. Small Business administration offers Federal Disaster Loans for businesses, private nonprofits, homeowners, and renters.
Please note that the applicant does not go through GTE Financial to apply for these assistance loans.
Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program
Visit https://floridadisasterloan.org/ for full details regarding the Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program.
- Review the eligibility requirements and loan process.
- Gather the required support documentation.
- Apply online or download an application (PDF File), complete it in full and submit it with the required support documentation by mail or courier to: Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, C/O Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan, 107 E. Madison Street, MSC-160, Tallahassee FL 32399-4120.
- For assistance with completing the application, please contact the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity toll-free at (833) 832-4494.
U.S. Small Business administration Disaster Loans
Visit https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/ for full details regarding the U.S. Small Business administration Disaster Loans available for your business.
- Review the eligible disaster areas to see if your business qualifies.
- Apply online at the SBA’s secure website disasterloan.sba.gov/ela or by mail, complete and submit with the required support documentation by mail or courier to: U.S. Small Business Administration Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Rd. Ft. Worth, TX 76155-2243.
- Gather the required support documentation (PDF file) (found on page 2.)
- For assistance with completing the application, please contact the SBA Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-800-659-2955
Helpful tips to decrease the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace:
- Loosen your sick policies and offer your employees the option to work from home, if you don’t already.
- Think about how you can offer alternative options for work meetings and travel for you and your employees.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as workstations, keyboards, telephones, handrails, and doorknobs. Dirty surfaces can be cleaned with soap and water prior to disinfection.
- Employees who have symptoms (i.e., fever, cough, or shortness of breath) should be advised to stay home.
- Employees who are well but who have a sick family member at home with COVID-19 should also be advised to stay home.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
If you would like to talk with your business services representative, please contact us at 888.972.5259. Thank you for your patience during this time!