You know that feeling...When you’re just a number and not an individual, and you suspect that you don’t have a voice or that no one is listening?
THAT’S the difference between being a customer and being a MEMBER. And, that’s not just a play on words.
- You are a Member: GTE Financial, a not-for-profit financial cooperative, is owned BY members – created by members – exists solely to serve members. In short, GTE is only here to provide value to our membership! Members own a share of the credit union and are able to vote for our Board of Directors.
- Board of Volunteers: The Board of Directors is made up of unpaid, volunteers that supervise and govern the credit union. They are also members, so they make decisions and are guided by what’s best for the credit union.
- Open Communication: When’s the last time your financial institution answered real questions and presented to you on the status of the organization? GTE does this every year at our Annual Meeting – real members talking to the Board of Directors and our CEO.
- Something Special about GTE: But even for a financial cooperative, GTE is a refreshingly unique organization. We have Member Advocates (not ‘Tellers’) and the CEO has an email address specifically for members to talk to him. It’s beyond customer service – It’s a Member Experience. Get to know our CEO by reading Joe’s blog.
- Social Media: Members can also connect with their financial institution on social media! We listen to good things and bad things. We’re involved in social media to serve our membership in a unique way.