Description: This is a Fixed Rate mortgage insured by the Federal Housing Administration used for the purchase of a primary residence. You will typically pay a higher Annual Percentage Rate than a conventional Fixed Rate home loan; however, if you want to save on upfront costs and do not have a large sum saved for a down payment, this may be your ideal option.
This type of loan was created to make homeownership more attainable compared to a conventional loan whose qualifications may be more demanding. As is typical for loans with more lenient qualifications, with an FHA Loan, borrowers will be required to pay mortgage insurance.
Best Choice If:
An example APR for a 15 Year Fixed FHA Loan is 4.445% An example monthly mortgage payment is $733. An example APR for a 30 Year Fixed FHA Loan is 3.939% An example monthly mortgage payment is $456. The example quotes are based on a property value of $200,000 and a loan amount of $100,000 for 1st mortgage options and a $10,000 2nd mortgage. The Annual Percentage Rates (APR) stated is an estimate and is intended for informational use only. Your actual APR may vary based on your actual loan amount. Please visit the Loan Consultant for additional information about our rates and fees. Rates are subject to change without notice. Your actual rate and/or points may be different, as many factors are evaluated for a loan approval.
- You’re a first time home buyer and you don’t have a lot of money to put down on a house.
- You want to keep your monthly payments as low as possible.
- You’re worried about qualifying for a loan and you don’t have perfect credit.
- You value a stable, consistent monthly payment over the additional buying power and initial, lower Annual Percentage Rate typical of an Adjustable Rate Mortgage.
- You think rates will increase.
- You plan on staying in the home long-term.
- This is a great product for first-time home buyers.