Paying for Checking? That's just crazy!
At GTE Financial, a credit union serving Tampa Bay since 1935, we appreciate you. So you’ll always enjoy your checking accounts with us for FREE! No strings and no gimmicks. And it’s a checking account that comes with the benefits you expect, plus some extras that might surprise you.
GTE offers four types of checking accounts:
- Free Checking: Enjoy no minimum balance fees or direct deposit requirement!
- College Checking: A FREE account made just for students, with great extras.
- U22 Checking: This account is specially designed for 12 to 22 year olds, helping young adults gain financial freedom responsibly and safely.
- Business Checking: GTE Financial offers a host of Business Solutions and Merchant Services that can help grow your company.
- Get a Debit Card instantly
- Sign up for free Debit Alerts on your mobile phone or in email
View our quick Checking Account Chart to quickly see all your great benefits!
Plus, Earn 6.99% APY*
Plus, with GTE, you can earn 6.99% APY* on Checking and Savings with our exclusive Member Advantage program. Learn More.
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield as of September 1, 2012. Fees may reduce earnings. Rates, terms and conditions subject to change without notice. 6.99% APY only available on your primary checking account. **APR=Annual Percentage Rate. Loan approval, APR, and down payment required based on payment method, creditworthiness, collateral, and ability to repay. Rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change. Minimum APR available on auto loans is 1.74% based on qualifications. .25% discount does not apply to Mortgages, Lines of Credit, Cash Secured Loans, and Credit Cards.
†GTE Financial checking is free. However, if incurred, fees such as a stop payment or NSF fee will apply. Please refer to the GTE Financial
Schedule of Current Charges for a list of these types of fees. Fees may reduce the earnings on the account. U22 Checking accounts are not eligible for Member Advantage.