Please note that this scholarship is for undergraduate degree-seeking students and trade school students only. High school seniors pursuing an undergraduate degree and current undergraduate students at both colleges and universities are eligible to apply.
GTE Is Here To Help!
We're awarding $3,000 scholarships to a number of GTE student-members to support education and reward young adults who are dedicated to academic pursuits and community involvement.
Tips For A Standout Essay
Your essay response will account for 50% of your final application score – therefore you will want to take these few extra steps to ensure your essay stands out! Hover over the icons below to learn more.
From our Previous Recipients
"Going to medical school is my dream, and being selected for this scholarship gets me one step closer to making my dream a reality."
- Emily H, University of Florida
“By awarding me the 2022 GTE Scholarship, you have lightened my financial burden for student expenses, and I will be able to focus on my education and put all my energy into doing well in my classes and continuing to build on my volunteer experiences.”
- Kenlee Milton, University of Florida
"[GTE] helped pay for my tuition, allowing me to pay for housing on campus."
- Kennedy B, University of South Florida
How Scholarships are Awarded
Scholarship selections are made by an independent committee consisting of diverse business and educational community leaders. Winners are chosen based on academic achievement, demonstration of leadership abilities, and their commitment to community service and activities. Students that exemplify these traits are encouraged to apply. Applications are accepted every year from February through June, with winners announced in August.
To assure complete impartiality in the selection of recipients and to maintain a high level of professionalism, the program is administered by the GTE Foundation Scholarship Committee and a GTE Scholarship Team, respectively. Additionally, an external firm that specializes in managing sponsored scholarship programs helps to collect, organize, and store all applications.
For additional information regarding the scholarship program, please read through the FAQs below or email us at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are notified as a recipient of the scholarship, you must provide GTE with a proof of enrollment for the upcoming year at a university/college/trade school. Once GTE Financial receives your proof of enrollment, we will fund your corresponding university/college/trade school office (i.e. Financial Aid or Bursar's Office), appearing as a reimbursement from GTE Financial on your tuition bill.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for specific questions and/or additional information.
June 4, 2023
Winners will be announced in August.
- An amount of $3,000 scholarships will be awarded annually and are not renewable.
- Students that have not been awarded the scholarship in previous years may reapply each year as long as they continue to meet the eligibility requirements.
- The scholarships will be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for the pursuit of their undergraduate degree or program certificate.
- Students may transfer from one institution to another and retain the award.
- Previous winners are eligible to reapply each year.
An independent selection committee will evaluate the applications and select the recipients considering:
- Community involvement
- Essay content
- Academic achievements and records
- Work experience
Decisions of the selection committees are final and are not subject to appeal. No application feedback will be provided.
Notifications are sent to recipients and applicants not selected to receive an award by email approximately two months after the final deadline.
Note: Your email address will only be used to communicate with you about your scholarship applications or other opportunities administered by GTE Financial. We will not provide your email address to any third-parties.
Tax laws vary by country. In the United States, scholarship funds used exclusively for the payment of tuition or textbooks are normally not taxable. The scholarship recipient is responsible for taxes, if any, that may be assessed against your scholarship award. We recommend consulting your tax advisor for more guidance. You may also consult IRS Publication 970 for further information (http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p970.pdf ).
Applicant’s scores are based on a 100 point system based on the following criteria:
- 50% - Essay Evaluation
- 30% - Overall Applicant
- 20% - Community Service, Work, and Extracurricular Activity
A Member Identification number is issued upon becoming a member of GTE Financial.
After enrollment, your member number will be located on the upper left hand corner of your Online Banking homepage.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
- The applicant must be a member of GTE Financial and be the primary account holder at the time of application. (Not a member yet? Join GTE Financial for free before applicable deadline to become eligible for the GTE scholarship.)
- The applicant must be an incoming freshman or a continuing full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree or trade school certificate. Graduating high school seniors, students pursuing a trade certificate from an accredited vocational school, undergraduate freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior continuing their undergraduate education in the following academic year is eligible. Not applicable for graduate level students.
- Applicants must be attending courses full-time at an accredited vocational school or two-year/four-year college/university in the United States.
- Previous high shool and undergrad applicants and winners are eligible and encouraged to reapply.
- Minimum of a 2.0 GPA required.
- There are no age limitations on applying for the scholarship as long as applicants meet the eligibility requirements stated above.
Note: The GTE Financial Board of Directors, the GTE Financial Supervisory Committee, the GTE Financial Executive Management Team, the GTE Financial Scholarship Selection Committee, any employee administering the scholarship program, or any family members of the above mentioned groups are not eligible to apply.
During the application process, we will request specific details on:
- Dedication to community service and its impacts
- Volunteer hours
- Current employer (if applicable)
- Extracurricular activities
- Honors or awards received
You should list your first choice on the application. If you are chosen to receive an award, it will be your responsibility to make certain GTE Financial is aware of your final school choice so that your check can be issued accordingly.