Philanthropy is a Responsibility and a Privilege
Our Charitable Mission
GTE Financial approaches philanthropy as a responsibility to the community - a privilege that we wholeheartedly view as a fundamental purpose and reason for existing.
We believe in “people helping people”. Our charitable mission is to benefit the community through our passionate support of local philanthropies, organizations, charities and initiatives that further the reach and impact of Financial Literacy and Homeownership, with a special interest in helping to build personal prosperity.
See ways your credit union gives back...
Benefitting Our Community
When someone in the Tampa Bay footprint hears the name GTE Financial, we want our brand to be synonmous with community. Through our philanthropic endeavors the ultimate purpose is to give back; being a not-for-profit credit union, we have a unique ability and belief that when we grow, our obligation and privilege is to do more and return more.
Charity is a year-round commitment!
- Corporate Charitable Efforts: Our Executive Team and Leadership Team all volunteer on boards and committees, providing long-term support for some of Tampa Bay's most impactful charitable organizations: Junior Achievement, United Way, Wheels of Success, Boys & Girls Club, just to name a few.
- Monthly Charities: Every year, we pick 1 charity per month to rally behind based on employee suggestions. Staff can donate $5 every Wednesday to wear jeans and support the effort!
- Holiday Charities: Near and dear to our hearts, we raise funds, contributions and volunteer during this special time of year.
- GTE Cares Program: Through this unique chartered program whereby GTE provides extra funds for employee volunteers and team programs as well as gift matching up to $2,500 for each staff member annually.
- GTE Foundation: Entirely established as a charitable trust, GTE raises funds to support local philanthropic endeavors, most notably, hosting the GTE Scholarship Scramble, raising money for Tampa Bay student scholarships.
Check out our Community Connection Review!
Every year, in conjunction with our Annual Report, we create a report that details our charitable and community outreach efforts of the past year. Take a look and see all the ways GTE Financial is Going Beyond Money.
2015 Annual Community Connection Review
2014 Annual Community Connection Review
2013 Annual Community Connection Review
2012 Annual Community Connection Review